Monday, February 9, 2009

Mission Statement

This blog is in the mold of an open forum. It is an area for discussion of selected topics, with the emphasis on researching the topics prior to the discussion. It is an open forum so anybody can join in the debate. For the purpose of this blog, where you researched the topic must be referenced at the end of your post so as all can go and read what you have read. This will also hopefully eliminate any mass use of wikipedia!!

The topics for discussion will not be solely decided by me. We will rotate the initiative among the followers and no topic is off limit. Hopefully the blog will turn into and education centre about general knowledge and current events as well as a place for useless information. High hopes, I realise this!!!Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. I'd just like to make it clear that I believe the term useless information is a complete misnomer. All information is relevant, and therefore useful in some context or another, and I'm not just saying this in an attempt to justify my expansive wealth of useless knowledge...

    The fact that the knowledge I've acquired (and for some reason held on to) throughout my lifetime is of little or no use to me is irrelevant, the fact remains that the substance of the information is still valid.

    But I'm drifting here. My real reason for consulting the members of this blog is to establish our opening topic... Am I to take it that the different types of oranges will be our initial interest?

    ReplyDelete